Modify guidelines and intensify implementation plans to control the covid-19 Pandemic in GhanaMay 29, 2020
RADIO/TV DISCUSSION SYNOPSIS ON FINANCING IMMMUNISATIONJuly 7, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
From: Ghana Coalition of NGOs in Health (GCNH)
To: Ghana Health Service, Accra.
Date: 3rd July, 2020.
Subject: Ghana Health Service (GHS) Institutionalise Control Programme on Coronavirus in Ghana
The Ghana Coalition of NGOs in Health (GCNH) is calling on the GHS to establish a National Control Programme on Coronavirus (NCPCOVID-19).
Our data is suggesting the need to ensure EQUITY and ACCESS in the testing and support services. Parts of the country do not still have the basic logistics to properly manage situations of community spread of the covid-19.
To be able to control the community infection of the covid-19, the standard precautionary measures must be enforced and roll-out. The strategic issues to consider by the GHS-Health Promotion division with stakeholders are:
- Establish control program for covid-19;
- Strategic partnership with Ghana Coalition of NGOs in Health (GCNH) and other health related CSOs;
- Anti-stigma and anti-discrimination campaign sustainability strategies should be developed. This must be amplified, by Involving CSOs participation at districts and regional levels.
- National taskforce for monitoring of COVID-19 interventions must be instituted to visit all regions to ensure accountability and equity distribution of resources.
- MMDAs (District Assemblies) should amend their by-laws and enforce properly. The MMDAs need more funding for the job. We take this opportunity to appeal to the managers of the COVID 19 Trust Fund, to support the activities on the ground.
- Ministry of Food and Agriculture should integrate COVID-19 education into the 2020 farming season, especially GoG Flagship programmes.
- Political parties should develop standard precaution guidelines to protect themselves and the general public. The recent behaviours and practices of (covid-19 protocols) some politicians is unacceptable.
BRIEF BACKGROUND OF GCNH
The Ghana Coalition of NGOs in Health (GCNH) is an umbrella CSO, NGOs, FBOs and CBOs with the mandate for health related Research, Advocacy, Public Health Education, Watch-dog role and Policy influencing. GCNH has played a pivotal road since WHO announced the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. GCNH advocated for Ghana’s preparedness, response planning and containment measures’ improvement till date.
Dr. GABRIEL GBIEL BENARKUU, (Ph.D)